TDD with TextTest
It’s a bit different than ordinary TDD. Try it out.
- Use TextTest to build a simple program in small steps, running the tests often
- Explain how TDD with TextTest and other approval testing tools differs from normal TDD
- 5 min connect: TDD states
- 5 min demo: using TextTest
- 30 min do: Parse Command-Line args
- 10 min reflect: What was different, and what was the same as normal TDD?
Connect: TDD states
What are the 3 states of TDD? Are there any other states or activities in TDD?
Demo: using TextTest
How to start it and create a first test case. How to set the command-line arguments that will be passed.
Working in small increments, implement the code to parse the command line arguments outlined in the Parse Command-Line args exercise.
Compare test suites. Have people written a test for each increment, or have they been working with one test most of the time, incrementally improving it?
Discuss how TDD with TextTest differs from normal TDD. Have each person explain to their pair who notes down differences and similarities.